Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

For Justice In Ohio--Please Sign Nancy's Petition--IF Possible.

Tyra Patterson was 15 years old when she was handed a life sentence for robbery and murder. I know this because I was on the jury that convicted her. But I just found out about evidence that wasn’t presented at the trial -- and I believe it proves that Tyra is innocent. 
I recently heard a recording of the 911 call that was placed the night of the crime and was shocked to discover that it was Tyra who called to help the victim. I also found out that Tyra's co-defendants have stepped forward and said that Tyra was not connected to the crime. They even passed polygraph tests asserting her innocence. 
If I had known about this evidence during the trial, I never would have voted to convict Tyra.
And now that I do, I’m working to right this injustice by convincing the Governor to commute her sentence.
I started a petition on Change.org asking the Ohio Parole Board and Governor Kasich to pardon Tyra by commuting her sentence. Click here to sign my petition, and help me right this wrong.
During the trial, my gut told me that Tyra had just found herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. But her attorney barely put up a defense, and with the most important evidence left out of the trial, the other jurors and I felt like we had no choice but to convict. I have lost many nights of sleep over Tyra’s case, and I’m grateful that I now have the opportunity and the evidence to help set an innocent young woman free. 
I know that Change.org petitions have successfully pressured Governor Kasich to pardon prisoners before, like Kelley Williams-Bolar, a mom who was jailed for trying to get her kids to a safer school. I believe that if enough people sign my petition, Governor Kasich and the Ohio Parole Board will allow Tyra to come home. I want to be there when Tyra gets to leave prison as an innocent woman, knowing I did my part to make that happen. And I can't do it without your help.
Join me in standing up for Tyra by signing my petition asking Governor Kasich and the Ohio Parole Board to review Tyra’s case and commute her sentence. Click here to sign.
                                                                                          TO SIGN NANCY'S PETITION
Thank you for your help. 
Nancy Day
Ohio
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After all, we all act on what we know, and if what we know is not all there is, then we unknowingly base our judgments on false information-sadly, this happens. I know I have my own cross to bare. This is why I understand the need Nancy has to undo a wrong and why I would hope that many many more would support her in this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment