Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bank of America--The Backlash

When I had heard about the person whispering in a candidate's ear about a donation, I did not think much of it. After all, that is each and every American's right to do. It did not become an issue until after the same Bank of America announced that they were about to lay off thousands of people. Thus negatively affecting many many families livelihoods.  Just about at the cruelest time for a family with young children to be short on money--in time for school to start=school fees, school supply shopping and clothes; not to forget the holidays are just around the corner

Then I found this forgotten book--'Give To Live-How Giving Can Change Your Life' by Douglas M. Lawson, Ph.D, which is copyrighted in the year 1991, but feels like it is far more truer today then it was even then.  It opens with this Chinese Proverb

If you want happiness 
  for an hour--take a nap.
If you want happiness
  for a day--go fishing.
If you want happiness 
  for a month--get married.
If you want happiness
  for a year--inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness
  for a lifetime--help someone else.

I could go on and on about the book, but I think I have some reading to catch up on, myself; which is why I am cutting this blog, short.


No comments:

Post a Comment