Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Don't Call Introverted Child "Shy"

Imagine a 2-year-old who greets you with a huge smile, offering a toy. Now here’s another child who regards you gravely and hides behind his parent’s leg. How do you feel about these two children? If you’re like most people, you think of the first child as social and the second as reserved, or as everyone tends to interpret, “shy.” From a very young age, we categorize children as one or the other, and we usually privilege the social designation. But this misses what’s really going on with standoffish kids. Many were born with a careful, sensitive temperament that predisposes them to look before they leap. And this can pay off handsomely as they grow, in the form of strong academics, enhanced creativity and even a unique brand of leadership and empathy.

I hope and pray that this post makes up for the previous post. After calming down and re-reading it.  Dear Reader, please forgive me for sooo much whining. I am sorry, please forgive me. This blog was not intended as a place for me to whine.
Lord, Help me, Jesus--This blog is one of the places where I am hoping and praying to be the change.
In the words of St. Francis-->
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.
 
As an introvert myself , I confess writing here is faaar easier than to talk with people face to face. I don't know what it is or how to explain it, but typing here all to often for me is the easiest way for me to find my words. Somehow, when I am face to face, I all too often fail to say what I should say. 
 
Well, as soon, as I find more job information that may help us, job seekers, I will continue to pass it on, Hopefully and Prayerfully, without the whining.


No comments:

Post a Comment