Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Monday, January 30, 2012

GOP race-baiting masks class warfare

By demonizing some, the Republicans seek to discredit the safety net for the 99 percent


It’s commonplace to note that Newt Gingrich’s dog-whistle appellation that Barack Obama is the “food stamp president” is both racist and politically cynical. But the stereotyping of black government dependency also serves the strategic end of discrediting the entire social safety net, which most Americans of all races depend on. Black people are subtly demonized, but whites and blacks alike will suffer.
Gingrich persists because it’s a dependable applause line, and because his political fortunes keep rising. Compare that to September, when Mitt Romney attacked then-candidate Rick Perry for calling Social Security a “Ponzi scheme.” Perry backtracked, insisting that he only wanted to bolster the program and ensure its solvency. But in his 2010 book “Fed Up,” Perry made his opposition to Social Security clear, calling it “a crumbling monument to the failure of the New Deal.” Scrapping entitlements is a core tenet of contemporary fiscal conservatism, but most of the time politicians only get away with attacking the most vulnerable ones: Medicaid, food stamps and welfare cash assistance, which are means-tested and thus associated with the black (read: undeserving) poor, although whites make up a far greater share of food stamp recipients. Government welfare programs with Teflon political defenses — Medicare and Social Security — are nearly universal entitlements and thus associated with “regular” (read: white) Americans.
 Continue Reading

Somehow it always seems that it is almost always easier to blame the poor for being poor than to offer understanding or better yet; a job--a real job with a livable wage. I don't mean a just barely legal job, where the employer exploits the desperation of a person in need of a job, who more often than not make up the Tea Party. I know, my former job at a Cleaning Service was one, (which I took after this single Mom of two very young teenage sons).  It was a very small company, when it was incorporated, who hired for part-time, but a person could work their way to full-time, but without any holiday pay nor over-time pay, but with An Amen Gloria Hallelujah from these Born-Again, Holy Ghost filled Christians.
Hold it, what am I doing, I will not end a post on this much of a downer. After all, This is not the Jesus of the Real Holy Bible, but unfortunately it is the Jesus of the Far-Right, which is the open secret way that if and how the United States really does become a "Non-Christian Nation" are to blame for do so much lying, cheating (on wages and benefits) and so many secret dealings that more anything else-- Drive People AWAY FROM Christianity.
Believe it or not, before I started separating what really happened from all their (the bosses) lies and deceptions. I really and truly was soo very very grateful that By The Grace of God, (The All-Loving, Almighty) Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit, whom delivered me from my paranoid fear of being in my bedroom in the dark.
Today, I go and get my taxes done. I know and understand and respect the fact that taxes are necessary to pay for government and that many government programs were founded on real genuine needs (after all, I was on welfare for a while too) But-But still paying taxes is not fun, But It is a necessity. Well, after I find out how much my duty to my city, state and country comes out to be---with any luck and a wing and a prayer I will find one of the foreign movies which are up for an award, so that I can have a pick for that category too; if not, then get start on next year's Oscars.
p.s. IF THIS BLOG IS NOT ALREADY TRANSLATABLE--PLEASE-PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT ME (some how any how, be it e-mail, through Mixxingbowl, on the comment below, even phone call, or even if there is a bird out there willing to deliver it); EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY PLEASE TEACH ME--Teach me how to make it so. After all, Lord-Help me Jesus, there is one thing that I know and that is that there is very very much about blogging and computers that I have yet to learn. So if there is anyone out there willing to teach I am very eager to learn, Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment