Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

No Name-Calling Week Jan 23 - 27; A Week For Young People To Ban Together and End Bullying!





Bullying

 
Almost all young people have been victims of bullying. 

Bullying is at its worst in 4th through 8th grades. In 2010, 90 percent of students in those grades were reported as victims of bullying.    

It happens at home, at school, after school, and online.   

Statistics reveal that 54 percent of students reported that witnessing physical abuse at home can lead to violence in school.     

Over half, about 56 percent, of all students have witnesses a bullying crime take place while at school.     

About 80 percent of all high school students have encountered being bullied in some fashion online.
-Statistics from BullyingStatistics.org



Kids




You can end bullying and we can help you do it!  
Check out the kids section of our website to find:
  • A video from Justin Bieber.
  • Project ideas.
  • The words you need to know.
  • What to do when you see bullying happen.
  • We give you places to go for help.
  • A message from a kid who took a stand.
  • AND what books to read.


Teens






Take a stand together! Check our website to:
  • Learn more facts.
  • Hear how Bella Thorne was bullied.
  • Get definitions on important words like cyberbullying.
  • Find out how to put a stop to bullying.
  • Get project ideas.
  • Get some back-up.
  • Hear how one youth took a stand.
  • AND get recommended reading.

Parents




Your leadership and support are so important in this struggle. Check out the parents' page for expert articles and videos, project ideas, statistics, and support.Click here to get started! 

Teachers

Find three-lesson units for four different age groups. Lessons are complete with suggested reading, materials, reflection activities and full bibliographies.

Grades:






Well, better late than never. I am so glad that more and more is being done to stop bullying. After all, when I was in elementary school way back in the 60's and 70's, I was teased left and right about my speech, which was misdiagnosed as a speech problem when all it really was a very thick Czech accent, which was the result of spending much of my time with my maternal Grandmother, who never learned to speak English. I only my family knew the truth, I might have been taught how to speak Czech, who knows????
In addition to that, I was also teased, because other kids liked getting me angry. Why; who knows. All I remember was that some how I was to blame that their teasing got me angry, I was told if I stopped getting angry then they would stop teasing me. As if I was to be blamed for being teased.  I am sooo Glad that this blaming the victim has ended. 
Especially since today is-->
 January 25, marks GSA Day 2012.

Gay-Straight Alliances have been forming in schools and colleges across America, bringing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and straight allied people together to stop bullying, homophobia, transphobia and hate. Now, it’s time to celebrate their work!

Please do your part by calling your senators now and asking them to support and cosponsor S. 555, the Student Non-Discrimination Act (SNDA).





No comments:

Post a Comment