Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Friday, November 18, 2011

Some Jokes for the Day

Get Better Soon

A retired man who volunteers to entertain patients in nursing homes and hospitals went to one local hospital in Brooklyn and took his portable keyboard along. He told some jokes and sang some funny songs at patients' bedsides.

When he finished he said, in farewell, "I hope you get better."

One elderly gentleman replied, "I hope you get better, too." 

Questions of Logic

Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

When someone asks you, "A penny for your thoughts," and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread to begin with.

Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist, but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?

If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

I don't know about anyone else. I am not psychic enough to read anyone else's mind. Sometimes, I have problems reading my own mind.  ;-)
I for one get soo caught up in the seriousness of life and the seriousness of the problems that the world is facing, from the economy to Global Climate Change, that I often forget to take time out for a good joke and a good laugh every once in a while, especially here in the U.S. where just about all the families are getting ready for the Holidays --Thanksgiving and Christmas/ Chanukah /Kwanza and New Year's Day--to take time to just laugh. After all, tomorrow I have got to get my Thanksgiving shopping done and still find time to practice the clarinet, which I volunteered to play for church and still pick up the appetizer/dessert that I volunteered to bring to the Newcomers get together, before my schedule started filling up, back when I thought I had free time to start doing something with.

No comments:

Post a Comment