Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Monday, October 22, 2012

In Memory of George McGovern and My evolution.

  George McGovern Stands Out in America’s Life – and Mine

George McGovern Stands Out in America’s Life – and…

--> READ MORE!!!

I don't know what I can say about the life and death of Mr. George McGovern. After all, what I remember about him centered around the 1972 Election. I was in 6th grade that November and an Independent who was firmly for the Re-Election of Richard M. Nixon, why--I do not know--I do not remember what my thinking was back then, for all I know it could have been simple adelesent rebellion. After all, back then my Mother and her Aunt Ruth and my Grandparents were still very much alive. I remember being told that the family were a family of Democrats, which meant voting Democrat and only Democrat in each and every election to the point that that was all they needed to know about the candidate, but for me that was not enough. I had more questions that they were not prepared to answer--I needed to know more about the candidate before I could give my support. I remember the 1972 Election as the Election where I declared myself an Independent, who votes for the person--Not The Party. 

That was then--Unfortunately, with This Group of Republican Leadership--That has Changed. NO!!! IT WAS THEIR STYLE OF LEADERSHIP AND THEIR UNHOLY ALLIANCE WITH THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT THAT CAUSED THAT CHANGE. AFTER ALL, IF AND WHEN A REPUBLICAN DOES COME AROUND WHO IS WORTHY OF MY SUPPORT--THEY WILL GET MY SUPPORT--BUT THEY WILL HAVE TO HAVE THE COURAGE TO FIGHT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND DO MORE TO SUPPORT GREEN ENERGY, NOT JUST THE OLD FOSSIL FUEL COMPANIES, WHICH ARE SO 20th CENTURY AND DO MORE TO SUPPORT THE MIDDLE CLASS--WHICH IS THE TRUE BACK BONE OF SOCIETY AND IF THE FAMILY IS THE FOUNDATION OF SOCIETY--THEY NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE  THINGS THAT HOLDS THE FAMILY TOGETHER ARE LOVE AND RESPECT AND CARING--WHICH COMES IN ALL COLORS AND MANY FORMS.

 There are some things that we will never ever know---What Would Have Happened If He was Elected in 1972? How would America be different? Would America be different? 

Looking back, I did prove one thing--Why 6th graders should not be given the vote. ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment