Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Saturday, December 31, 2011

 Auld Lang Syne

 By Robert Burns

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne* ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo (or my dear),
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye’ll be your pint-stowp !
and surely I’ll be mine !
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We twa hae run about the braes,
and pu’d the gowans fine ;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We twa hae paidl’d i' the burn,
frae morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
sin auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
and gie's a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS                     
 With today being December 31, It felt appropriate to share this.
Since it (1st verse and chorus) is sung every New Year's Day.
After all, Robert Burns happens to be one of my favorite, if not
my very favorite poet.

Although,my original plans for today's post was once going to
be about all the gifts that I had accumilated on the Care 2 sight, 
but thankfully the information got lost. After all, If I still had them
and posted them, then it would have been all about me, which
would have been nothing more than An Ego Boost for me, which
really is not what this blog is about. 
This blog is for giving, not recieving, which I hope and pray does 
more and more, day by day.

Well, today is the day, for those New Year's Resolutions. Well,
I succeeded in getting a job, although it is minimum wage,
which so far I work part-time. Hopefully and Prayerfully, will be
full-time by this time, next year.
January will be the month that I sign up for life insurance, which
should be the last step that I need to take before I get the go 
ahead for a cat.

Enough about me--HAPPY AND BLESSED AND SAFE NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL
                 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment