Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Good Riddance Day


, , NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Ready to kick 2011 to the curb?
The Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment are inviting people to come to the Crossroads of the World to shred, dump and pulverize their bad memories from this year on the fifth annual “Good Riddance Day.”
A giant Cintas shredder plus a sledgehammer and dumpster will be available to help you get out with the old and in with the new year.
Katie Selman of Tampa, Fla. — winner of Cintas’ Good Riddance Day contest — will lead the way by shredding her husband’s military deployment papers. She is bidding good riddance to long deployments so her five children could see their father more often.
The event kicks off at noon on Broadway Plaza between 43rd and 44th Streets.

Today, December 28, 2011---Happy Good Riddance Day! Sounds like a good way to clean out all the emotional baggage that builds up over the year or worse, over the years. Unfortuate for me, with me, that is easier said than done. After all, all it takes is the wrong word and suddenly, I am remembering something that I would prefer not to remember.
Well, as the saying goes, it is very difficult to keep moving it the future, while being weighed down by the past. After all, getting things out in the open and not in a dark corner of my mind is one of the things that this blog is supposed to do for me. Maybe it's me, but the only way that I can think of doing this is by Truly Forgiving myself and all those who I think done me wrong, and to Truly be Thankful for all the good things that happen, like for me--when I see that someone is actually reading this humble little blog of mine.
Here's hoping and praying that we all can begin 2012 with only happy and loving memories of 2011.
Another resolution I have is to truly make this blog a blog that is truly worth reading. I wish I could thank each and every person who has wandered this way for coming and/ or being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment