- Create incentives for small businesses to hire and grow from now into 2012.
- Make investments that would prevent layoffs of as many as 280,000 teachers, provide opportunities for long-term unemployed veterans, and put Americans to work rebuilding roads, railways, bridges, and schools in need of repair.
- Implement the most sweeping reforms to the unemployment insurance system in 40 years to help those without jobs transition to the workplace.
- Expand the payroll tax cut, cutting workers payroll taxes in half next year. This provision will provide a tax cut of $1,500 to the typical family.
- Be fully paid for as part of the President's long-term deficit reduction plan.
americanjobsact.com/obama-jobs-plan·Support President Obama's plan to create new American jobs. Act now.
As an active job seeker, since May of this year. As one who has filled out more applications than I can begin to count, have been to several interviews, but am still at the same part-time dead end job, where I am so invisible,if I don't jump out of the way, I'll just about get runned over. But, yet, Dear God, Have Mercy, there are those who are far worse off than I am. Congress, Please, Congress, hear us--THE AMERICAN PEOPLE NEED JOBS, PLEASE--OH, PLEASE--OH, PLEASE--HEAR US!!!!!!!