Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Monday, October 3, 2011

The HPV Vaccine

hpv-chris-morris-illustration.jpg

By Angela Townsend, The Plain Dealer

October 03, 2011, 4:30PM
The human papillomavirus has about 100 different strains. Forty types are spread by sexual contact, making it the most prevalent sexually transmitted disease in the world. Yet the attitude of many parents toward the HPV vaccine is that they'd rather "wait and see" for more results before having their child vaccinated. Full story »
 
 
Well, maybe it's me, maybe it's because I am the mother of two sons and 0 daughters, but should not the only question that should be asked--Does this vaccine save lives or not?
The so called 'reasoning' that once the girls get vaccinated-they will use it as an excuse to go out and have sex is , IMO, crazy. After all, when I was a teenager/ 20 something, believe it or not I really can remember allll the waaaay back that far, I remember thinking that certain bad things only happened to others, not to me. It amazes me, sometimes, that I actually survived those years. 

1 comment:

  1. P.S. The point being--Vaccinations save lives--So I say-Get vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete