Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More On Job Hunting

Why Your Next Job Interview Might Make You Sweat (Even More)

If you’re on the job hunt, get ready for some interviewing techniques your mom and dad didn’t have to deal with.  Read more »

I don't know about anyone else, but one of the many things this Introvert hates about job hunting is--The Interview-process. After all, I like talking about my sons and the causes that I believe in and the fascinating scientific theories that I watch on television  and  the histories that I also watch, but me--not so much, especially when I know that I am being studied.  I know I am weird, but somehow it is easier to write about me than it is for me to talk about me.
However, the interview process is very important. Like it or hate it, it is here to stay and as the saying goes, we all must learn to play by the rules of the game or we will lose by the rules of the game, especially me.
Joining a startup may have its perks, but it also has its downsides — ones you should strongly consider before accepting a position. Read more »

I don't know if this warning will help anyone, but I am passing it on anyway and can only hope that it gets out there, before anyone takes that leap into something, without all the information to  make the best decision possible.


How Public Speaking Can Help You Emerge as a Leader
Here’s how to shed that fear of speaking to a crowd and use it to share your message and reach an audience.  Read more »

Maybe it's me, but it seems to me like the people who do best at 'public speaking' also do better at interviews. After all, I avoid public speaking like a plaque and do terrible at interviews. My older son loves public speaking (he is currently a student teacher and ran for his first public office unopposed--so there is basically no way he could have lose) and he enjoys getting interviewed.


No comments:

Post a Comment