Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Morning Part I

http://action.biologicaldiversity.org/images/template_images/AlertHeader626.gif

Dear Readers, I am passing this e-mail on this morning because there is absolutely NO REASON ON THIS GOD'S GREEN EARTH FOR AMERICANS TO BE FREE TO HUNT OUR NATIONAL BIRD--OUR NATIONAL EMBLEM. After all, it is not for cooking or for eating, so there is no reason whatsoever to hunt it;
Bald eagleJust moments ago the National Rifle Association took legal action to block the EPA from protecting wildlife and people from being poisoned by lead hunting ammunition left in the wild.

Today's legal action challenges the Center for Biological Diversity's suit, filed last month with allies, to get the EPA to finally regulate toxic lead in hunting ammunition.


These outrageous attacks need to stop.
Please make an emergency gift today and help us stand up to the NRA's assault on wildlife.

As I've written to you over the past two weeks, millions of birds are needlessly poisoned every year by toxic lead ammo left in the wild, including bald eagles, swans and endangered California condors.

Under the federal Toxic Substances Control Act, the EPA has
the authority to stop this lead-poisoning epidemic with common-sense solutions -- but the NRA is using its muscle to throw up roadblocks to any new safeguards.

The NRA is bound and determined to keep the EPA from doing its job in protecting the millions of birds who die every year after being painfully poisoned by lead bullet fragments.


That's why we need your urgent support now with a gift to our Condor Defense Fund.
Help defend the EPA's ability to regulate this deadly toxin and ensure not one more condor, swan or bald eagle is poisoned by lead bullets.

 The NRA just attacked protections for bald eagles and other wildlife. Help us fight back.


 The Center has been working since 2004 to end the preventable lead poisoning of birds and reduce health risks for people eating lead-shot game.

Lead poisoning is the leading cause of death for America's ancient, critically endangered condors. Please make your gift today to stand up to the NRA and protect these extraordinary birds, along with other wildlife, threatened by lead poisoning.

We've faced this challenge before and know the NRA will stop at nothing to keep us from protecting endangered wildlife
-- so we're in for a bare-knuckle fight.

Thank you for standing with us,



Kieran Suckling

Yes, I am cutting this blog short. After all, I had a late start. What can I say; the joys of home ownership and living in a condo development. I got this nice little letter telling me that my porch needed to be painted by the end of August and that I should paint it white. Personally, I am using 2 coats since one coat does not seem to cover as nice as I would like it to look. I know it's me, but being told what color, instead of picking my own, I am still adapting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment