Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Even after a Hike in the Metro Parks--There is still no escaping Gun Violence, Which Must Not Become The Norm!!!

Today my blog is late, because today was the day that I went on a hike at Highbanks Metro Park in Lewis Center, Ohio--No, I still do not own a digital camera which is why I had to copy these pictures.

Photos at Highbanks Metro Park


Came across this Spiny Softshell Turtle laying eggs on a sandbar along the Olentangy River after we got rained off the job this afternoon. She's a big girl, her shell is probably 14 or 15 inches long. 6/11/2012
I was invited to go on the hike by Facebook Friends--the Buckeye Forest Council. >>>I did not do much hiking, but meet Eric and Nathan, made things a whole lot better.  After all, I arrived at the park a half hour late because I got L-O-S-T several times on the way there. I had to stop 4 or 5 times because I took a wrong turn after a wrong turn. With the help of Eric and the Metro Parks person, Ooops, I forgot to ask her her name, but at the time, I did not think I would be blogging about the experience, so I forgot to ask.
Where was I going, Oh, yes, from there I went to Olentangy Indian Caverns, which was an interesting experience. I checked out the taverns and met two women who were panning of gems and picked up a couple souvenirs, lest I drive for 2 hours each way without anything to show for it.

Olentangy Indian Caverns - Delaware, OH

Olentangy Indian Caverns

In addition to shopping at the gift shop, I also picked up 3 local papers along the way. Of course, this is Ohio, U.S.A.; which explains why the News Journal of Mansfield, Ohio--Front Page had to include the story>>>

Pupils mourn gun death of 10-year old

by Nick Bechtel

Marengo--Students at Highland Elementary School and the surroundin community grieved Friday after the death of a fourth-grade student.

Ten-year-old Dalton Wayne Taylor was accidentally shot and killed around 6 p.m. Thursday. . .

Morrow County Sherrif Steven Brenneman said an investigation revealed hunting gear and a shotgun had recently been taken out of a vehicle and stored in the garage. Dalton and other juveniles were playing in the garage and found the shotgun. The weapon was fired and the child shot.


Yet, there are some people who believe that more guns are the solution to gun violence.  Yet, there are some people who believe that arming teachers will keep their students safe. The question becomes how many more deaths will it take before America Takes Gun Safety Seriously? 

BUT THIS--THIS IS NO SOLUTION>>>
 

Bulletproof Clothes For Children? Are You Kidding?

Bulletproof Clothes For Children? Are You Kidding?In case you’re worried that training teachers in the art of carrying concealed weapons and placing armed guards and metal detectors on campuses won’t prevent school shootings, here’s another idea: bulletproof vests and backpacks for all students.
Miguel Caballero is a Columbia-based company that is best-known for its high-fashion bulletproof clothing line for celebrities and political figures, but now it is turning its attention to school children in the United States. Grade school body armor has arrived, in the form of bulletproof backpacks, t-shirts, and puffer vests...READ MORE!!

STOP PEOPLE!! THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS IS SAYING--Making Gun Violence so much part of every day life that one has to prepare for it--IS INSANITY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment