Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Sunday, February 24, 2013

What I am looking forward to on Oscar Night this year.

Tonight is Oscar night and I am in a no lose situation. Why--let us see>>>

Best Picture:Amour, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, Les Misérables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty




After all, I have seen and enjoyed ARGO, LINCOLN, LIFE OF PI, BUT I CONFESS I ENJOYED LES MISERABLES THE MOST.  I meant to see Beasts of the Southern Wild, but there were too many changes in my work schedual and I ended up forgetting to--I wish them well. I hope to rent it or watch it on demand--one way or another I will see this movie--I will see this movie.

As long as Zero Dark Thirty do not will (Ooops-- I meant does not win))), I will be happy. After all, In My Opinion--the last thing that Hollywood should do is reward 'torture', which is not only against the law of international justice, but also the least effective way of gathering intelligence. It is also why so many of our troops commit suicide--since the act of torture demoralizes our troops.


Best Actor in a Leading Role:Bradley Cooper, Daniel Day-Lewis, Hugh Jackman, Joaquin Phoenix, Denzel Washington 

 Between Daniel Day-Lewis and Hugh Jackman, if either of them win. I will be happy. I should also include Bradley Cooper, who was in Silver Linings Play-book, another movie that I meant to see, but did not. Well, the reason that I did not, was it is a little to close to home, from what I heard of the movie it is a very real betrayal of a family that is dealing with a medical crises without health care, which is the same predicament that I am in, but with only dental bills, Thank God.

Best Actress in a Leading Role:Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Emmanuelle Riva, Quvenzhané Wallis, Naomi Watts 

Well, any one, but Jessica Chastain, for the same reason as I hope that Zero Dark Thirty does not win best movie. By the way, while looking for picture to include on this blog, since I do not own a didgital camera--I read that Ms. Chastain's father, very recently, passed away, even though I am personally sadden by her loss--I still would not give her the Oscar this year.

 Personally, I am very disappointed that I missed seeing IMPOSSIBLE.  This is why I hope Naomi Watts wins, after all, her movie role is far more adorable than one who commits torture. My biggest hang up is that neither Jane Fonda from her role in 'Peace, Love and Misunderstanding' nor any of the women from the latest Bond film, 'Skyfall' were nominated. After all, Jane Fonda's role of the 'hippie Grandmother' was very enjoyable and was one of the reasons that I enjoyed the movie so much. The same can be said of both Judi Dench, in her final appearance as 'M' and Naomie Harris, in her first appearance as the new Ms. Moneypenny. 

 Best Director:Amour (Michael Haneke), Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin), Life of Pi (Ang Lee), Silver Linings Playbook (David O. Russell), Lincoln (Steven Spielberg)

Again, I would be happy with any of these directors winning, most especially Ang Lee or Steven Spielberg.


  • Actor

    in a Supporting Role
    • Alan Arkin-- Argo
    • Robert De Niro--- Silver Linings Playbook
    • Philip Seymour Hoffman--- The Master
    • Tommy Lee Jones--- Lincoln
    • Christoph Waltz-- Django Unchained
    •  
    • Well, personally, as long as the winner is Alan Arkin or Robert De Niro, but most especially Tommy Lee Jones, I will be happy. 
  • Actress

    in a Supporting Role
    • Amy Adams The Master
    • Sally Field Lincoln
    • Anne Hathaway Les Misérables
    • Helen Hunt The Sessions
    • Jacki Weaver Silver Linings Playbook
    •  
    •  
    • Even though I missed Sessions also, from what I have heard of both Sessions and Silver Linings Playbook, I can say I would be happy to see either Helen Hunt or Jacki Weaver win. BUT I would be most happy to see either Sally Field or Anne Hathaway win, since I saw Lincoln twice and Les Miserables was my very favorite movie this year.
    •  
    • Since I saw so very few movies this year and only one opera, due to work schedule--I think that these are my only picks that I will make on my post this year--That Is If One Can True Say That I Made Any Picks, since there were so many movies and so many actors that I enjoyed watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment