Care2 Tool Bar

  • To sign up for the Care2 Tool Bar go to -->
  • http://www.care2.com/toolbar/download.html

Monday, June 25, 2012

My Recent Movie Reviews

  •  Yes, I know I am not good at reviewing movies, but I do know what I like and to what degree I like it.
  •  
  •  
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D
  • Opened June 22, 2012 | Runtime:1 hr 45 min
  • R
    Violence Throughout and Brief Sexuality
  • Poster art for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 3D."Information for parents: Common Sense Media says Iffy for 16+. Read More
  • As a young boy, Abraham Lincoln witnesses the shocking death of his mother, leading him on a path to an ongoing war - and ultimately to the presidency - he chronicles in a hidden diary. The journal reveals the incredible story of a clandestine Read More
  • Cast: Benjamin Walker, Dominic Cooper, Anthony Mackie
  • Director: Timur Bekmambetov
  • Genres: Horror, Suspense/Thriller, 3D
    Which I saw and enjoyed. Who knew that our 16th President was also our first superhero ;-))))
    And I also saw, which I also enjoyed.

      Poster art for "Brave."
    • Brave 3D
    • Opened June 22, 2012 | Runtime:1 hr 40 min
    • PG
      Rude Humor and Some Scary Action
    • Information for parents: Common Sense Media says OK for kids 6+. Read More
    • Merida (Kelly Macdonald), the impetuous, but courageous, daughter of Scottish King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson), is a skilled archer who wants to carve out her own path in life. Her defiance of an age-old tradition angers Read More
    • Cast: Kelly Macdonald, Emma Thompson, Billy Connolly
    • Directors: Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman
    • Genres: Action/Adventure, Animated, Comedy, 3D
     I am also looking forward to seeing-->
      Poster art for "Moonrise Kingdom."
    • Moonrise Kingdom
    • Opened May 25, 2012 | Runtime:1 hr 34 min
    • PG-13
      Sexual Content and Smoking
    • Information for parents: Common Sense Media says OK for kids 14+. Read More
    • Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, MOONRISE KINGDOM tells the story of two 12-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, Read More
    • Cast: Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray
    • Director: Wes Anderson
    • Genres: Drama, Romance
     Because it sounds interesting.Yes, It is G rated. I say so with a sense of irony. After all, I remember back when I was a teenager, way back in the day--way back when I could not wait to watch R-Rated movies, but now that I am in my 50's; I look for what the plot line is, what the storyline is and sometimes what kind of special effects, especially 3D. Not the Rating and rarely whose in it, with the possible exception of if Samuel Jackson's in it, then it has a better chance of being good; such as the Avengers Movie, which I also watched and thoroughly enjoyed.The Avengers Poster                      Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding Poster
  •  BTW, I did go and see 'Peace, Love and Misunderstanding' and Yes, I did enjoy that one as well. Which one is my favorite--None so far--Enjoyable Yes, but not that enjoyable to list as favorite or Emmy Worthy, well maybe Jane Fonda as favorite lead actress, since she is now the 'grand old lady' of the movies--She is, IMO,  the sentimental favorite.

    Poster art for "Hysteria."
    • Hysteria
    • Opened May 18, 2012 (Limited) | Runtime:1 hr 39 min
    • R
      Sexual Content
    • Information for parents: Common Sense Media says Iffy for 17+. Read More
    • HYSTERIA, a mischievously inspired romantic comedy set in the late 19th century, is based on the surprising truth of how Mortimer Granville came up with the world's first electromechanical vibrator in the name of medical science. The film stars Read More
    • Cast: Hugh Dancy, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jonathan Pryce
    • Director: Tanya Wexler
    • Genres: Comedy, Romance

      I have yet to see this one, but I will soon. After all, IF the Republican Party has their way and the United States loses the Presidential Election by Electing Romney and/or if America loses the House of Representatives by keeping a Republican Majority and/or if America loses the Senate with a Republican Majority there; we will go back to these 'bad old days' if not the 'Dark Ages' themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment